Friday, July 15, 2005

You know you did a good job vacuuming when you find all of the cats’ hiding places...

The new music is again from U2. The song is called “Yahweh”, and is named after our Lord. You can find it on their album: How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. It was reported that a disc jockey at a secular radio station in the Seattle area was playing the song when he commented that U2 was saying “yeah way” (instead of “no way”). He didn’t have a clue that they were singing about Jesus. :P! It was kind of amusing.

This song really picks me up, which I could really use right now. The last couple of weeks have been very difficult as there have been deaths in the family. I know that they were saved by the Lord, so I am somewhat comforted, and anyway, we will see them again later and forever. :)

Earlier:

You know you did a good job vacuuming when you find all of the cats’ hiding places... Poor things. I’ve never seen so much hustle from my cats, as they have when the vacuum is on the prowl! They fly to find new places to hide. They would win gold medals in the Olympic running events, I think, if they were allowed to compete! Lol.

Though, a couple of my cat’s will stay and watch the vacuum with mild interest. Brave kitties! In fact, one of my cats is so brave (or so oblivious of danger) that she practically never gets scared. I think that if she were sitting in the middle of the road, and a big tractor-trailer was coming straight toward her, with horn blasting, she probably would just stare at it and wouldn’t budge an inch! Silly kitty. Ehhehe.

I came across these awesome verses today as I continued reading through I Chronicles. They are Chapter 16, Verses 8-12: “Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works! Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore! Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth...”


I hope you all are having a great summer!

16 comments:

Tala Azar said...

I'll pray for you. I've never had a death in the family while old enough to be affected by it, so I cannot imagine the grief. Yahweh is an absolutely amazing song, one of my (and my dad's) favourites. :)

Haha, I just vaccuumed our entire house (because we just moved) the other day and I know exactly what you're talking about. O_O Those kitties like to plant hair bombs all over the house.

Summer is wonderful. :) We're having the worst heat ever recorded at this time in the year in Ontario, though, so it's kind of taking away the point of summer - to get out and enjoy the sunshine!! I hope you're having a nice summer.

Aslan said...

Thanks Summer! :) Yeah, U2 is one of my favourite bands ever!

Oh, that reminds me. How do you like your new house? Ewww, hairballs...

Sheesh, I hope it cools off some. You gotta be able to stay outside and enjoy the sun. (Especially after living in an igloo all winter ;) ) Thanks, I know it will get better!

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I will pray for you! That is really hard to lose people. I am really glad they went to be with Jesus though.

My cat is the type that will run. She's not very brave. Very sad.

Oh. And I loved your Yoda comment!!!

Aslan said...

Thanks for praying Danika! :)

Lol, yeah, most cats run -- even if the vacuum's off and you just move it a little. Ehhehe.

Thanks! Yoda is one of my favorite characters ever! :D

Trufflehunter said...

I'll pray too, that's sad (about your family).

That's hilarious what they said on the radio station!! :D

Poor kitties...whenever my cat hears a vacuum she scrunches down close to the ground and slinks under the couch. :D

Awesome verses!!!!

Aslan said...

Thanks Truffle! :)

Lol. Cats are so amusing sometimes! Like C.S. Lewis said in his Space Trilogy: Pets are our friends, our play-fellows, and our jesters. ;)

Yeah, I think David wrote them to worship the Lord! :D

Aslan said...

Thanks Eowyn! :)

Ehhehe. I used to have dogs. They also never really hid, except when they were in trouble, lol. Dogs are awesome! I like them as much as I like cats.

Carmelita Spats said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carmelita Spats said...

Awesome verses! You always seem to have some up your sleeves. Hehe!!

I'm sorry about your family. I love all my family so much I can't even imagine. I'll pray for you.

Summers great!!!!!

Aslan said...

Thanks! The Bible is so awesome! :D

Thanks for praying too! :)

Anya said...

Hi Aslan!! I am having a grrrreat summa'(as my cousin always says. I'm so sorry about your family. Family's are awesome so it's really hard when you lose someone. Ya I will really pray for you. It's nice to have people that you can pray for and who will pray for you.
xoxoxoxo
anya

Aslan said...

I'm glad you're having a wonderful Summa! Lol. Thanks for praying for me! Yeah, this blogosphere is AWESOME! :)

Janelle said...

hey Aslan! i'll pray for you for sure. i haven't experienced a lot of deaths in my family, a few though and those were hard. but i so know God will give you the grace you need to get through whatever you're going through. nice song. i'm not sure what i think of U2...i find a lot of their songs really repitive sometimes. the summers great, i'm just getting all prepared for my harmony exam which is in a week and a bit! :S i'm feeling pretty confident though, so it's all good. :D i gtg run though, i'll ttyl

Aslan said...

Thanks Allegro! Yes He will! :D I'm so glad I know Him. I'm glad you like the song, and I'm glad your summer is going great! Harmony *shiver*. Lol. Well, actually I do like harmony, but I just didn't like taking those tests! :P! I know you'll do great though! :)

Aslan said...

Hey, everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. I hope you all have been doing well! :) I'm going to try to post again this weekend! gtg ttyl!

Anonymous said...

blog blog blog blog blog.