Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans' Day / Remembrance Day

USFlag


CanadianFlag

You may have to turn up the volume for this new song. It starts out so softly! If it quits on you, just wait a bit -- it will pick up again and play some more (or you can push the play button at the bottom of the blog to give it a hint that it needs to download some more of the song, lol). The song is the anthem from Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon game and is composed by Bill Brown. It seemed a really good choice for Veterans'/Remembrance Day.

I am so grateful for the sacrifices that our soldiers have made -- time spent away from families, injuries, even the giving of their very lives. Sacrifices made so that we might live in freedom, and that others in foreign lands would be free from tyranny, and also to keep us safe from terrorists. Let us remember our veterans and pray especially for our active duty troops, who continue to make these sacrifices daily!!!

Please note, the Canadian flag is not beneath the US flag for any reason. There just isn’t enough room for placing them side by side. :)

10 comments:

Aslan said...

Can everyone load my blog OK? Some of the pictures, beads, and music aren't working sometimes when I come here. Maybe I've got too much going on and should remove a few things. Please let me know how it is working for you! Thanks! :)

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

:) Excellent! Yeah, everything works well from this end.

Trufflehunter said...

awesome music!! and everything works for me too!

Anonymous said...

hey! I'm your FRIEND! (I just noticed your sidebar) You're the first online person i've never seen in person that i've 'talked to' ....? lol haha. Nice post! :P

Aslan said...

^_^ Hey that's great Danika and Truffle! Thanks! So now I just gotta fix my computer set-up so I too can enjoy my blog! Lol.

Yup! You can definitely "be my FREUND"! And more importantly, you're my brother in the Lord. Cool. And just so you know, I don't look anything like that lion in my profile pic!
Thanks! :)

Elysha said...

rob you're a nerd. you've never talked to anyone else online that you hadn't seen in person other than Aslan? ahh... i still love you, Rob. in the nerdness. it's alright to be a nerd. lol i'm jk

Anonymous said...

what can I say, I'm sheltered, and I'm afraid of strangers... people online I don't know usually scare me... :P Aand, I am the epitome of nerdness... i invented nerd-dom, because I'm so nerd-ish. BTW, aslan, celtic women have an awesome cd out! have you heard walking on the air/ last rose of summer?? sooo cool!

Aslan said...

Lysha: I like the candle in your profile pic. That is so cool!

Rob: Their CD is out? Please tell me where I can find it! All I've found so far is their concert DVD. Yeah, those songs, and really all of the ones they sing and play are sooooo incredible!!! :) I went to see them in concert recently, it was both a thrill and a disappointment, but I still enjoyed it overall. I'll have to talk about it in my next post!

Anonymous said...

Walmart, my friend, walmart.... ;D

Aslan said...

Hey, thanks! :D