Sunday, May 22, 2005

MY FIRST POST

**Clears Throat** First of all, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all of you who have come to know me over the last several months. I love you all very much, and I thank God for each of you.

Well, that was somewhat formal, but yeah, it's so true. :D!

The music you should be hearing is “You Raise Me Up” from the Celtic Woman CD (Manhattan Records). The vast majority of my ancestry is Scotch-Irish, so I'm naturally drawn to any Gaelic, Celtic, etc. music. I can't help it; it's in my blood! ^_^ If you can't hear it please let me know, so I can fix it. Thanks! The song is over four minutes long, but it's worth sticking around long enough to hear the whole thing. Check it out!


Whenever, I hear this song, I can't help but think of Jesus, and how He walks with each of us every day, as we face life's inevitable struggles (and triumphs!). Here it is:



YOU RAISE ME UP


When I am down, and oh my soul's so weary,
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be,
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit a while with me.

[Refrain]

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.



I'm glad you all didn't see the mess of a blog that used to be here before you came! Lol. I was doing all kinds of experimentation to try to get it to look the way I wanted it to. Then I blew it all away, because it was still going to take a lot more time to fully customize it that way. :P!

I'd really like to give it a Star Wars theme. Say, maybe have some spaceships flying across the screen too, like Lysha had those snow flakes drifting over her blog. :D!

I am so busy in school these days. (ugh!) I'm trying to graduate by the end of the summer (Yay!), so you might not see many posts from me. Please be patient. For though I tarry, surely I will come and post again!

In Christ,
Aslan

16 comments:

Tala Azar said...

:) Pretty song!! I can't believe you have a blog... O_O Very nice though!! Finally I can link you. ;)

I hope your school/graduation goes really well. I'll be praying for you.

Trufflehunter said...

Awesome blog! The music is lovely!!
Welcome to the blogosphere!!!!!!!! :D

Aslan said...

Thanks, Summer! I'm so glad you like them. :) And thank you for praying too!!! :D

Thanks so much Truffle! ^_^ Yeah, I feel like I've been driving around the blogosphere, living in a Winnebago. :P! But now I have a home to call my own! :D

Hi Adina, nice meeting you too. :D And thanks! Yeah, I can't wait untill LWW comes out either! Hopefully, they'll make movies out of the other books too!

Janelle said...

yay! you finally got your blog! It's awesome, the template and everything. :D ahhh, I love you Raise me Up, I've sung it for a lot of concerts. I will link you too...hope you have a nice rest of the weekend! God Bless

Hannah Strauss said...

hehe, yes now you've been *linked*--a very high honour :P
jk, i love the design!

Anya said...

I love that song. Every time I hear it I think of Christ like you. Awesome blog

Elaienar said...

Hey! Just dropping in to say "hi." Nice blog! ^_^

Aslan said...

Thanks Allegro, I'm glad you like them! Wow, that's so cool that you've sung it in concert before! Maybe Celtic Woman will hire you in the future to go on tour with them! :) Thanks again!

Thank you for linking me Shimmer! Lol. I'm so happy you like it!

Cool, Anya. Isn't the Lord awesome? And Thanks!

Elai, I'm ever so glad you like it! :D

Elysha said...

Hey Aslan! crazy sweet blog! I love it :D I really really love it! I can't hear the song, but it's probably just because of my computer. the lyrics are awesome though. Worship... wow.

Kelly said...

That's a beautiful song. I was visiting my mom over Mother's Day weekend, and a couple from her church sang it that morning, so the first time I ever heard was when they came over to my mom's to practice (Mom was their accompanist).

Congrats on your new blog!

Aslan said...

Thanks Lysha! :D!

I'm sorry you can't hear it! There's a lion that roars right before the music begins too! (I set the sound up to be compatible with Netscape and IE). Let me double check.

Yeah, worship is incredible!!! I must do more of it... :)



Hi Mrs. Cumbee!

It really is. I just learned of it myself just a couple of months ago. It was so well done, that I just had to put it on my blog. Oh, I like your badger by the way!

Thank you! And thanks for stopping by!

mustang said...

Hi! I am glad you finally started a blog!

Aslan said...

Thanks Mustang! Nice to meet you! :)

Aslan said...

Must come around to all of y'all's blogs when I get a chance! :D

Carmelita Spats said...

Hi aslan. I think that music is awesome too! I LUV you're blog!!!

Aslan said...

Howdy Zaya! Nice to meet you too. I'm so glad you like everything. :)