Friday, May 27, 2005

Of Kings, Ants, and Outfits

We’ve been having an ant problem in our kitchen and probably need to spray. The other day, my mom and I were in the kitchen and we saw an ant walking by on the countertop. I said to my mom, “Solomon said to observe the ant.” My mom then, and without reflection, squished it and threw it away! Well, there went the beginnings of a good Bible study. :P!

My closet has been needing cleaning for a long time. There are so many sets of clothes in there that I have outgrown. My parents happened to be around while I was trying on clothes, and they gave me their comments. So it kinda turned into an impromptu “fashion show”. They rated my outfits, placing them in one of three categories: 1. Give to Charity (way too small), 2. Wear Only Around the House (or outside at night), lol, and 3. Publicly Acceptable.

A ton of things fell into the “wear only around the house” slot. These clothes I could actually put on without hurting myself, but they sure did look very odd on me, as they were a little too small (things I wore in high school). I think I should give these to Charity too, but I can’t bear to part with some of them. So yeah, it looks like I’m going to have a lot of clothes for around the house only! I did find a sweater in there that I wore in the fourth grade (gasp!). What’s that doing in there? Well I know I’m not going to be able to wear that! Sheesh.

Lately, I’ve been reading in I Kings and II Kings in the Bible. I am so amazed to see so many kings of Israel and of Judah who did not follow the Lord. Of the few who did, even some of those went bad in the end. A very few kings (I can count them on one hand, I think) were faithful unto the end. It’s so sad! :o(

I hate to end this post on a low note, so I will remember that by God’s grace and by seeking His strength to stand strong in the face of temptation, He can keep us from failing like those kings did. It’s so easy to go astray in a world like this, but Jesus has overcome the world!!! :D

15 comments:

Aslan said...

Yeah, I never thought I was going to love blogging this much! Ehhehe. :D

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I love the ant story in the beginning. It was very funny!! I know what you mean about clothes. I've got these ugly pair of jean shorts that I got when I was like 12-five years ago. Miraculously, they stil fit. They are falling apart though...

Aslan said...

Heehee. Thanks! Yeah, old clothes are a real life-saver. Especially if you can't afford new ones at the moment! Yup. That's the trouble. The older they are, the more likely they are to be tattered. :P! (You really gotta wear these gingerly -- I've ripped a couple of them just by moving around (ugh!)).

Thanks for coming by! :)

Tala Azar said...

we have an ant problem too! infestation! all over the garbage! yuck!

hehe, we just donated a ton of clothes too... :P

i think of joseph, who was horrible in the beginning, but God used him to save Egypt and his family. :) i hope God can do the same with me wherever He needs me.

Trufflehunter said...

I love the story of Joseph. David also is very inspiring to me. :)
Heehee, I liked the ant story too. I would have done what your mom did. :D

Hannah Strauss said...

i don't think I would have squished it with my hand... :P
glad you have a blog!

Anonymous said...

like the ant drama. haha.

Aslan said...

Summer: Oh man, they're in your garbage!!! Once they find the find the garbage can it's soooo hard to get rid of them! :P! Yeah, Joseph was awesome! :)

Truffle: David - "A man after God's own heart." One of my favorites! And I LOVE Joseph too!!I'm glad you liked the ant story! :)

Shimmer: Yeah, that is kinda gross. :P! Hey, thanks!

Adina: Lol. Thanks! :)

Aslan said...

Thanks Obi-Wan! :D

Elaienar said...

Wr just discovered a huuuuuge fire ant bed in our back yard - most of it's under the sidewalk so you can't see it though. In the last couple of days, when I'm stressed or tired I go out there, poke a visible bit of the ant hill, and then squish them as they come onto the sidewalk. I don't think Solomon knew about fire ants. Or maybe he was just talking about good ants when he said that.... ^_^

Aslan said...

Lol. Yeah, I don't think Solomon ever saw a fire ant!

Heh, I used to do stuff like that. We had two types of ants in our yard. One kind would attack the nice ants and also bite my family when we were outside.

So, from time to time, I would "deal" with the evil, biting ants and their nests! Moohoohahaha. :)

Anya said...

Yeah I like ants but not in the house. Hehe, I am even worse with clothes. I can hardly even find anything in my closet anymore. :)

mustang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mustang said...

A house I once lived in had an ant problem too. Ugh!! They ae lots of fun outside, but in the kitchen? NEVER!!!

As for the clothes things, You wouldn't ant to see my closet.

Aslan said...

Lol, Anya. :)

Hehe, Mustang!