Tuesday, June 07, 2005

FRIENDS

It is a wonderful thing to have friends. :D! But there always seems to be a point in life where one acquires a new set of friends, and for one reason or other, some of the older friendships fade away. Sometimes, it seems that when you've finally made some really good friends, they move away, or you move, or whatever. It’s so depressing.

I prayed about this, and afterward, it was like God pointed out to me that He had a custom set of friends for each part of my life, each uniquely able to support me (and vice versa) at a certain stage in my life. Nevertheless, I still thought it very painful when we get separated from our old friends. You love your old friends, and may not see them again in this lifetime. :(

And then, as I kept praying about it, another thought occurred to me that we will see all of our friends again later in eternity (if they know the Lord), and probably see them as often as we wish then -- a permanent reunion -- Yaaayy!!!. :D So I’m OK with that now.

Then there are the day to day situations where friends sometimes let you down. That’s the toughest part for me to deal with. I know we’re all going to let each other down from time to time, even when we don’t mean to. Even so, it’s still hard when it does happen. :P! Maybe that’s why Jesus commanded us to forgive one another. He knew we were all going to need forgiveness. We can’t help it. Knowing that makes it easier for us to love one another, despite our faults and weaknesses. :)

Check out the huge picture of the lion down at the very bottom of my blog!!! :D Isn’t he awesome? He needed veterinary attention, and someone from the University of Wisconsin cared for him. Don’t his eyes seem kind? He looks very much like the image I have in my mind of Aslan. I just want to hug him. Ehhehe.

I wish I could have him as a pet, but then I would have twelve cats to live with! Eleven is plenty enough, lol. Besides, he would have to be careful not to step on the other kitties when he's romping around with them! ;)

16 comments:

Tala Azar said...

very nice pic :D
yes, i know what you mean about friends...

Anya said...

Yep I know how you feel about friends. Wow 11 cats. *whistle* we feel lucky with one cat

Trufflehunter said...

Eleven cats? wow...
That lion picture is so neat. :)
I like what you said about friends.

Aslan said...

Thanks, Summer! I'm glad you like it. :)

Anya, you've got only one cat? Oh, you gotta at least have two, lol. That way, when nobodys home, your cat won't get lonely. ;)

Yeah Truffle, we kept taking in stray cats. Now there's no room for any more! Sometimes they can be a real handful. Thanks! :)

Anya said...

I am hoping my mom will let me get another cat. So if we do our cat won't get lonely. :)

Aslan said...

Another cat! That is so cool... :D

Carmelita Spats said...

Only cloudy (my cat) doesn't get lonley. She likes being head honcho of the house or should I say garage. And if we did get another cat. She would think he was an imposter and chase him away. Then she would sit in the cat seat of honer and laugh the wicked laugh MEOWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hi aslan! I agree. My friends have always helped me through life and at times just been there for me. It always comforts me to think that whatever I loose here on earth, if I stay close to god, I can regain it again. :)

Aslan said...

Yeah, cats can be so territorial! I've got some of that kind...

Friends are a blessing from Above. Yep, He sure is an incredible God!

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Oh, I know what you mean! But God is ALWAYS there!

Aslan said...

You said it! :)

Elysha said...

I've been thinking almost the exact same thing as you about friend, Aslan! What you pointed out is so true (especially for me) God put the sets of friends in my life when He did for some important reason.) He knew :) He really did.

Anya said...

I just got on to your blog to comment and I was greeted by with a roar. It startled me. Hehehehe

Aslan said...

Yeah Lysha! Fortunately for us, God knows everything (past, present, and future) and all about us and where we've been and what we need. He is so incredible! :)

LOL, Anya. I thought that The Blog of Aslan ought to have a roaring lion on it, but I never anticipated startling anyone! Ehhehehe.

Aslan said...

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the picture. Yeah, we got too many cats, Ehhehehe. :) Two cats is much more manageable! (alliteration, lol)

Janelle said...

lol, sorry i haven't been to your blog in a while...i couldn't find the site cause i lost it. somewhere. lol

Aslan said...

Hey, that's OK. Glad you could come by! :)