Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Christian's Armor

The music you are listening to is composed by Bill Brown. This particular selection comes from the Lineage 2 computer game. I was hoping he would have used celtic instruments all the way through, but I still like it muchly!!! :D


OK. The Christian’s armor. Here is the text (Ephesians 6:10-18) and the two giant pics from Lineage 2 to go along with it (Check them out at the very bottom of my blog!):

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit...



The top picture (of the two at the bottom) is an image in my mind of how I feel after I’ve prayed and am ready to start the day, having put on the full armor of God. I feel determined, dedicated, sanctified, and strong, able to more than stand against the challenges that will present themselves that day. The trouble is, sometimes I’m in a hurry and forget to put on the whole armor, which always makes for a rocky day! How important it is to begin and end each day in prayer and to stay focused on the Lord and His promises. He will surely deliver us, and He alone is faithful.

In the second pic you can see that he has again forgotten to wear the helmet of salvation, but this, I believe, was so that the artist could capture the moment with the wind blowing through his hair, lol. And check out that sword! And ... OK, now I’m getting off subject, but I really like this pic too -- this is what I feel like after a long, hard, but successful day!

Please tell me what you think of these pictures and what, in your mind, is happening in each! (I got this idea from Trufflehunter -- Thanks Truffle! :) )


Also, please feel free to comment about The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe movie if you’ve seen it! :D And stay tuned for some more stories about my cats...

There’s only a week until Christmas!!!

~*~*~*~ Merry Christmas everyone!!! ~*~*~*~


(Notice I didn’t say Happy Holidays. :P! )

16 comments:

Wayne said...

Hello - I just chanced upon your blog, and was impressed by your devotion to the King! Keep up the good faith!

And I love the music by Bill Brown. Thanks for posting it!

Aslan said...

Thanks! I will! :)

Yeah, Bill Brown rocks! You are most welcome!

Elaienar said...

Merry Christmas!

I like the pictures. ...And I think both of them look like the person in them is about to go and do something Adventurous and Important, perhaps partaining to the salvation of the world or the destruction of the Mad Scientist's Death Ray.

Something like that.

Aslan said...

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

I'm glad you like them. Yeah, I can definitely see that. But that last one sounds kinda tough. Swords versus lasers. Oh dear. Well, if he's got God on his side, the Mad scientist doesn't stand a chance! :D!

Aslan said...

Of course, that first one sounds kinda tough too...

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you had a great one.

Aslan said...

Thanks, Danika! I did! :D

Janelle said...

hey aslan...just stopping by. I hope you had an awesome Christmas! And an awesome new years...when it comes :D cheers

Aslan said...

Hey Janelle!

Thanks, I had a great Christmas, and I'll be having another one tomorrow because some more family has come by to visit! :)

Nice to "see" you, lol. Happy New Year to you too! ^_^

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Trufflehunter said...

awesome verses!! ahh the music is so brave sounding.

what could be happening in the pics...well in the first one he has a sort of mischevious (sp?) look, like he's daring a bad guy or trying impress a girl :D. in the second one it looks like he's staring down at an army of enemies, unafraid and ready to fight.

Aslan said...

You're welcome, Danika! :)

Happy New Year, Aly! And thanks! ^_^

Hey Blondie! :) Yeah, I've seen LWW. It wasn't perfect, but overall it was very AWESOME! Hehehe.
ROTFLOL. Oh man, sorry about that little kid. :P! Sheesh!

I'm glad you like the verses and the music, Truffle! :D The first pic: Hahaha, yeah, that could be. Second pic: Yep, I can definitely see that! :)

Aslan said...

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! :)

I'm glad you like it! Isn't it awesome? Now I'm trying to figure out which song to play next...

Anonymous said...

ASLAN! YOU RE-DID YOUR BLOG TEMPLATE! bravo, it's very nice! Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Aslan said...

Yeah!

Hey, THANKS! :D Merry Christmas and happy new year to you as well! Heh, if you celebrate the twelve days of Christmas, it *is* still Christmas today! ^_^

Aslan said...

You're welcome! :)

Yeah, isn't awesome? :D!