Friday, January 06, 2006

Musical Surprise, CSL, and Mark Ch. 8

My dad was working on the computer and playing music in the background from the PC when all of a sudden this lady starts singing to him in Japanese! Hahahaha! That was so funny. *snicker* Somehow, one of the songs that I had marked as a favorite ended up in his “music library” on the computer, lol. He said he was very surprised. (And of course he requested that I try to keep my music separate from his). Heehee.

I am playing the song for you now on my blog. It’s called Itsumo Nando Demo, and it is from the movie Spirited Away. You can hear that the lady is a professional, classically-trained artist, and the harp playing is simply divine! Isn’t the song gorgeous?


K. Remember that bank that tried to take advantage of me a few months back? Well, I wrote them a letter, and prayed that they would do the right thing -- and they did! They refunded my money. Praise God! I was so upset at the time. Lesson learned: Once I’ve done all I can with something, I should give it to God and let go of it, trusting Him to handle it however He will. “Letting go and letting God”, as some say.

Walter Hooper writes this, regarding C. S. Lewis: “But having done all in his power to solve them (CSL’s worries), he left the matter to God and got on with his work and pleasures.” C. S. Lewis is such an example to us all, and (as I continue to read about him, which I just started to do in earnest about a week ago) I’m finding, not just from his writings, but also in the way he lived his life! (Of course, Jesus is our perfect example to follow).


Jesus says “Duh!” to his disciples. Lol. From Mark chapter Eight:
17 Jesus knew what they were saying, so He asked them, "Why are you discussing about not having any bread? Don't you know or understand yet? Are your minds so dull? 18 You have eyes—can't you see? You have ears—can't you hear? Don't you remember 19 when I broke the five loaves for the five thousand people? How many baskets full of leftover pieces did you take up?"

"Twelve," they answered. 20 "And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand people," asked Jesus, "how many baskets full of leftover pieces did you take up?"

"Seven," they answered. 21 "And you still don't understand?" He asked them.

Whenever they were short on food, God always made what they had stretch, and it was always more than enough! Will He not also do the same for us, not only with our nourishment, but also in every other area of our lives as well? God is sufficient!


From the Hebrew, one of God’s names is El Shaddai, or All Sufficient One!!! :D!





LATER...

I have been tagged by Blondie and Peach! Let’s see, five weird habits that I have.

1. I’m very frugal and always mindful of wasting energy and money. I always go around the house turning off appliances that aren't being used and extra lights that we don’t need on. Trouble is, if you overdo this, you sometimes bump into things in the dark, or accidentally step on your cats... LOL. Poor dears.

2. I’m such a night owl. My bedtime can be as late as 4:00 AM! And I actually hear tales about some people getting up at 6:00 AM or earlier to start their day! *gasp* How do these people get up at such an ungodly hour? (>_<)


3. When it’s time to say goodbye to friends, I feel like an Ent. We take forever when saying our goodbyes. Probably because none of us really wants to leave the other’s company! ^_^

4. I took one of those Quizilla-type quizzes to determine how weird I was. Well, if you can believe such tests, I scored “super normal”. Compared to me, most everyone else is a weirdo! Hahahaha! Lol. But come to think about it, since so very few people actually scored “super normal”, maybe we’re the ones who are weird… Heehee.

5. I talk to my cats a lot! And one of my cats actually talks back to me a lot! I say things to him, and then he responds with various meows and trills, looking so intently into my eyes as we “talk”. I haven’t the foggiest as to what he’s trying to communicate, and I doubt that he understands everything I’m saying. The longest “conversation” I’ve ever had with him was about ten minutes! :D

32 comments:

Peach said...

Wow! I like this song!! I'm just practicing this song to play the ukulele(it's like a little guitar).

How beautiful!!! Did you put these colourful balls!?

By the way, I found you on Krissy's Club!
~Peach

Peach said...

If you like games, can I invite you to the game.(I was tagged by my Italian friend.)

It's like..write 5 weird habits of you, and then invite other 5 bloggers.

My habits are....please stopp by my site:D

~Peach from Japan

Aslan said...

Hi Peach, nice to meet you! :D

That's cool that you're learning to play this song! Yeah, I put the balls on my blog, but someone else made the code that makes the balls work! :)

Hahaha, yeah, I love games! Five weird things. OK. Hmmm. Could be difficult. I'm actually pretty normal, lol. I'll have to check out your site! Sayonara! ^_^

Aslan said...

Hey Blondie! :D Well, now both of you have tagged me! Heehee. I've gotta get ready for bed though. Five weird things -- I'll sleep on it! ;)

Aslan said...

Yep! :)

K. There. Five unusual things, lol. :D

Trufflehunter said...

oooo I love the music!! very pretty! haha it's always funny when my dad turns on the music player and Peter Pan starts blaring. :D

that's soo great about the bank!! lol, God is so incredibly patient, is what I think when I read those verses. He puts up with our lack of faith, which is really amazing.

haha I talk to my cat. all the time. and obi-wan "talks back" for her in a funny-sounding kitty voice. and when obi-wan talks to one of the cats I talk back for the cat. it actually strengthens my relationship with obi-wan as well as being fun. :D :D so you see, he and I are both weird as well.

Aslan said...

Hi Blondie! You say, "I love you, I love you, I love you ... " And you tell him he's your buddy and how you wish he would be nicer to the other kitties, etc. Lol. :)

Usually, we "talk" for about two to three minutes. That ten minute "conversation" was an incredible marathon! :D I knew we were about to set a new "record", so I just kept talking to him bacause I wanted to find out how long our conversation could last! Ten minutes. Wow! I wonder if anyone has tried this for the Guiness Book of World Records. Lol. ^_^

Aslan said...

Truffle: Yeah, isn't the song beautiful? Peter Pan blaring ... Hahahaha. :)

Yeah, I'm glad the bank did the right thing. I want to trust God more and do what C.S. Lewis did. Yes He is very patient. I'm so glad too because, unfortunatly, we need that kind of patience! :P

*snicker* Heehee. You, Obi-Wan, and the cats. I love it! :D Lol.

Anonymous said...

hey aslsn- that's pretty hillarious! We have two cats, both of which are pretty mouthy. The one with talk back to just about everything you say, and the other is slightly more tactiturn (she's mine) It's so funny to listen to them though, as one sounds like it was sucking helium and the other meows like a smoker!

Trufflehunter said...

ok I finished your banner! here it is: http://users.adelphia.net/~davcoleman/narniac%20aslan%20step2a%20jaypeg.JPG

if you like it and you use it, please paste this code into your template right below the banner:

Photo and brush credits [a href="http://users.adelphia.net/~davcoleman/credit.html"]here[/a].

and then replace these thingys: ] [
with these thingys: > <

hope you like the banner! :)

Aslan said...

Hi Rob! *laughs* Maybe there is a helium tank and some cigarettes stashed somewhere in your house that you don't know about? Heehee. ;) Bad kitties! Lol.
Sounds like you've got some neat cats though! :D

Aren't "mouthy" cats great? Of course sometimes they can be a pain. :P Like when they talk all the time, even when you don't talk to them! There's no peace and quiet! ehhehehe.

Aslan said...

Thanks, Truffle! It looks great! :D!

I'm going to try to put a border above and below it so it won't be flush up against text.

Wow. It looks really cool. I love it! Thanks again! ^_^

Peach said...

I like #5.
Your cat must be SO talkative.
I imagine what topics you and he like.
^-^
Peach

Trufflehunter said...

glad you like it!

Aslan said...

Hi Peach! Yes, he is very loquacious! Hahaha. :)

Hi Truffle! :)

Janelle said...

ooh your narnia banner looks awesome :D truffle's making one for me too...gwah i can't wait!

anyways...i hope things are going well for u! with school and everything...oh and very nice music :D

i have to go do more work...ttyl aslan

Aslan said...

Isn't it neat? :D! Ja, I can't wait to see your banner too! I'm sure it will be really cool.

Thanks, Janelle! ^_^
I'm glad you like the music!

Ja, work. Lol. Summer vacation is only five months away! ;)

Later! :)

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I talk to my dog all the time! ;)

Aslan said...

Ehhehehehe! :)

Aslan said...

Hi Muffy! :) Thanks, I'm glad you like them! ^_^ Hahahaha, isn't the roar awesome? I will! :D

Peach said...

Hi Aslan!!
You surprised me with yor fluent Japanese!
How/Where did you learn them.
Your Japanese is so elegant and poite and nice....desu!!!

Well, I got plenty of rest, so I'm feeling much better now!!
~Peach

Peach said...

I misspelled a lot...
youR Nihongo sounds so elegant, poLite and nice !

matane ^_^
~Peach

Aslan said...

Konban wa, Momo San!
Domo arigatô gozaimasu! I looked up some phrases on the internet. Also, I used an English-Japanese dictionary! Heehee. ^_^

I used to live in Japan when I was very young. I don't remember much about being there though because I was too young. I want to go back to Japan someday!

I'm glad you're feeling much better! No more koho! Lol. ;)

Your English is excellent! O jôzu desu ne! :)

O daiji ni!

Aslan said...

Hi Krissy! :D

I've tried turning the heat down to 58 degrees in the winter, but then you definitely have to wear shoes! :P!

I love dogs and cats, but right now, we only have cats. Yeah, everyone should talk to their animals! ;)

Aslan said...

I can't imagine anyone not liking cats. :P! That's too bad.

She believed you for only a few days? Lol. ;D

Anonymous said...

Aslan, my friend, it's time for you to blog again!!! ^0^

Aslan said...

Muffy: Hahaha. Lol. :D

Rob: Righto. Yup, things are crazy busy right now, but I will be posting again in a couple of days! :)
Nice art in your profile pic by the way! *_*

Anonymous said...

hahaa, sorry I just felt like bugging you!

Aslan said...

Lol. I like it when people come by my blog and bug me. :D

*cough* more comments *cough* Ehhehhehe! ;)

Janelle said...

*cough* blog...:P

Aslan said...

Hahaha, Janelle, thanks for the comment. ;)

I had hoped to blog tonight, but it's time for bed now. So busy! :P! Look for my post at first light on the fifth day.
No... wait, that's what Gandalf said! Heehee. ^_^

Seriously, I will post as soon as I am able. (probably tomorrow) :D

Aslan said...

Thanks! :) Yeah, my posts seem to get longer for some reason! Lol.
Yaaayy, another night owl! :D