Saturday, January 28, 2006

Splash and Isaiah 41

I thought I would profile one of my cats for you. His internet name is Splashmeister (Splash for short). He is so dubbed because he loves to play with water. Splash always makes such a mess that we had to buy a heavy-weighted, dog dish for him to drink out of since he often turns the water bowls over (big mess, oh man). Splash is a large cat. I like to joke that he is part puppy (one quarter puppy). He really isn’t, of course, but he is so loyal, frisky, and he follows you around. When you’re inside a room doing something, he will come and sit by the door, waiting for you to come out again. Splash is a bit like Lassie the dog too. He will try to get your attention with meows, and when you look at him to see what he wants, he leads you to his cat-food dishes, because he loves to be petted by you, especially when he eats! ^_^

Splash also sits at the table using a chair like a human does. It’s so funny to see his little face gazing across the table at everyone. He looks like a little person sitting there – haha, a little furry child! :D He uses his paws like hands to lift dry, cat food up to his mouth to eat! But we don’t let him eat at the table with us. ;) He sometimes drinks the same way, bringing up water in his paw to his mouth. This is the cat that will “talk” with you that I posted about last time. He’s the closest thing I’ve ever seen to a Narnian talking beast! Lol.

Splash could also be called “the investigator” as he routinely and slowly sniffs out and examines every square inch of a room, as if he were memorizing every detail with great precision. After his examination is complete, he will then rest and make himself comfortable in the room. At this point, he’s not above playing tug-of-war with you with sheets and towels! :) Splash would also make a good outfielder. When you throw a piece of dry, cat food up into the air, he stands on his hind legs and catches it in midair between his two, front paws! Then he eats it. He does the same thing with flies that come into the house. They’re about the same size as dry, cat food, ehhehehe. He catches them between his paws when they’re flying around. And, ugh, he eats them too! Pooh!

Heehee. I love Splash! He’s such a cool cat.



When life gets tough and your courage is waning, do not forget the awesome promises of our Lord God. :D! Here are some good verses to read and meditate upon:

From Isaiah 41:10-13:

God said, 10 "Do not be afraid—I am with you! I am your God—let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. 11 Those who are angry with you will know the shame of defeat. Those who fight against you will die 12 and will disappear from the earth. 13 I am the Lord your God; I strengthen you and tell you, Do not be afraid; I will help you."


  • This is very interesting! Check it out!




  • Later...

    I have been tagged by Aly! Five subjects that I'm studying:

    1. General Chemistry - this is fun!
    2. Physical Chemistry - very interesting!
    3. Quantum Mechanics - really tough, and it has some issues with weak evidence like the theory of evolution has. QM just doesn't do a great job explaining/predicting many things with good answers. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and Einstein didn't like parts of QM either. I'm in Einstein's Camp! :)
    4. Statistical Thermodynamics - I'm sure this will be interesting later, lol.
    5. Vibrational Analysis/Spectroscopy - this is fun too!

    Please pray for me. This stuff is pretty tough. :P! I have a mountain of work to do -- so much to learn and understand...

    17 comments:

    Carmelita Spats said...

    HEE HEE! Splash sounds cute. My cat is also very humanish, you know,I could swear she winked at me once. ODD!
    COol verses!

    Aslan said...

    Hi Zaya!
    Glad to see you around again! :) Yeah, Splash Rocks! Hahaha that's great! Cat's do this eye-closing thing when they're looking at you as a sign that they love you. ^_^
    Thanks. They are incredible! God's words always are... :D!

    Anonymous said...

    Hey aslan what are you studying for in school? Planning on going into engineering or something? It just sounds like you have some MAJORLY tough classes! (but, I have no doubt you'll do fine in them!) :)

    Trufflehunter said...

    O_O those subjects sound scary. i'll pray!

    whoa that is an interesting link! cool!!

    aw me loves kitties...they bring so much joy to life.

    oh, awesome verse, I love verses like that.

    Aslan said...

    Rob: Well, I'm studying because I want to do well in these subjects. :P! Hahaha. j/k
    Seriously, I'm going to be a scientist! The meterial can be hideously difficult at times; I pray a lot these days! Thanks! :) I know God will help me with it! (Thank goodness). :D

    Obi-Wan: That's Squirt right? It's neat that she does that too! :) Challenging subjects they are! Thanks for praying! I need all the prayer I can get! ;)

    Aslan said...

    Truffle: Thank you for praying! I really appreciate it. :) Yeah, the truth needs to come out about the WMD's. I'm so glad General Sada is writing a book about it. The story has even been picked up by a major network! -- Fox News published a similar article on their website! I knew we were in Iraq for good reasons.

    Kitties are awesome (dogs are too and birds, etc., lol)! :D Aren't the verses great? The Bible is filled with other such wonderful promises! ^_^

    Peach said...

    Are you studying science!?
    So did I.
    I majored in Pharmacy.
    Actually, I liked Chemistry but I couldn't understand Physics.

    Wow, I can see the high mountain, too.
    Keep it up, Aslan. Gambatte!

    P.S. I haven't seen Omoideporoporo.
    But I saw some pictures from it.
    I think you saw nice scenery of the countryside.
    I love Hayao Miyazaki's movie so much!

    kathleen said...

    wow sounds like very complicated subjects.

    i'm not much of a cat person, but i do love my dog.

    Aslan said...

    Peach: Hai, I am studying science. :) Wow, pharmacy! That is so neat! I guess you had a lot of organic chemistry then. Pharmacy isn't very easy either! ;) Yeah, physics can be tough. :P!

    The "mountain" looks as big as Mount Fuji! Lol. Domo arigato gozaimasu. I will hang in there! :D

    The scenery in Omoideporoporo is spectacular! I only saw the last part of the movie, but if the first part is as good, you will definitely want to check it out! ^_^

    Matane!

    Aslan said...

    Hi Kaff!

    Yeah, those subjects soak up all my time! :P!

    We used to have dogs. I love them! I wish we could get a couple of dogs now, but I don't think our cats would like that... ;)

    Aslan said...

    Yeah, Splash is amazing! Heh heh, he's also a bit of a rascal. :)

    Aslan said...

    Lol. Thanks so much for praying!!! :)

    Polka Dotted Pickles said...

    Splashmeister? I love it! And how old are you-those subjects are very intense!

    Aslan said...

    Krissy: Yeah, Splash is amazing! :) Aren't cats awesome? Well most of the time anyway. Haha. Sometimes they can get rough with their teeth and claws when they're playing with you. :P!

    "Hi Fluffy! So cute."
    *reaches down to pet kitty*
    "YEEOWWWW!" O_O
    Lol.


    Danika: Hehehe. :) Splash is so cool.
    In the past someone gathered bits of my personal information using a computer and then helped themselves to my credit card. Which wasn't fun. So I try not to post my age, address, etc. on the internet. (Not that you would do that, but lots of other people are reading, some maybe tracking...) Yeah, those subjects sometimes give me a headache, but I like them most of time. :D

    Aslan said...

    Yeah, me neither. :P! They're especially wild if they used to be stray cats living outside...

    Yup, cats have all that thick fur which helps to soften all the scratching and biting when they play with one another. Heh, they play with us like they would another cat I think. ;) But we don't have fur! Lol.

    Mosey said...

    I love cats too! so far, we have had three, and they were both sooo cute! ^_^ the first one (who was a girl) dissapered, though, and the second one (a boy) ran away when we moved. >_< the third one is still with us- for now.....
    Splash sounds sooo fun!

    you are going to be a scientist? I hope you do well!

    Aslan said...

    Hi Krissy,
    Yeah, my arms would look like I had stuck them in a thorn bush on a daily basis! :P! People would be like, "How did that happen? ... Oh, cats." Lol. You want eight more? Hahaha :D


    Hi Mosey,
    :D Cats are amazing aren't they?
    I'm sorry you lost those those cats. I'm glad you have another one! ^_^ Hold on to him. Yeah, Splash has been a huge blessing to me! Yup, I scientist I shall be. Thanks! :)