Saturday, February 11, 2006

Tagged Again! and More From Isaiah...

Life presents manifold challenges to us each day. One can deal with them by avoiding said challenges or minimizing their contact with them. The trouble is, one does not do much living by executing evasive maneuvers. Life is too short for that. We were made to live, and Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly! So we must push through the obstacles and endure and handle each one as God would have us to. But God also reassures us that He is with us, protecting us along the way:

From Isaiah 43:1-7
1 But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. 3 For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior...And I have loved you...Fear not, for I am with you...7 Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him."



I have been tagged by Elaienar this time!

Four Jobs You Have Had:
Dairy Clerk
Cashier
Computer Lab Monitor
Gym Monitor

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
Star Wars IV: A New Hope
Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers

Four Books You Could Read Over and Over:
Only Four? Well, here are some-
The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King
Han Solo’s Revenge
Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
Han Solo at Stars End
The Magician’s Nephew
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Four Places You Have Lived:
Japan
Various places in the United States

Four TV Shows You Watch:
Most anything on the History Channel (Except their shows about the Bible, which aren’t very reliable)
Special Report with Brit Hume (Fox News Channel)
C-Span Channels (I like to watch our politicians to see what they’re doing and to take note of which ones are laying the baloney on awfully thick. :P!)
My Word with John Gibson (Fox News Channel)

Four Places You Have Been On Vacation:
Disneyland
Disneyworld
Mount Rushmore (I’m glad that didn’t have the word Disney in it too, lol)
Hilton Head Island, SC

Four Websites You Visit Daily:
My blog - to talk to y'all when you drop by! ;)
Three or more other blogs as time allows - so I can talk to y'all on your blogs! :D

Four Favorite Foods:
Pizza
Schwarzwaldkuchen
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Shrimp, and there are many others... hahaha!

Four Places You'd Like To Be Right Now (well, five):
The United States -- Home sweet home.
Japan -- love the language and of course home of some wonderful Anime! ^_^
Germany -- love their food (!!!) and their language!
Israel -- I'd like to walk where Jesus walked and see the places He went!!!
In Heaven! :D But that will have to wait...



This post is bigger than I thought it would be, and I was going to post a large Anime section here too! So I shall post the Anime next time. :)

20 comments:

Peach said...

You've been tagged again1?
You must be so busy.

Well, I studied German as second language at university...but I've completely forgot everything:P

Are you interested in the Japanese language? Oh I'm so happy to hear that:D
To be honest, at first I was wondering whether you were Japanese or not, because you sometimes use natural Japanese.
Now the mystery has been solved:D

matane!
~Peach

Elaienar said...

Ooh. Anime.

Hurry up and post! post post post! And thanks for responding to my tag! And speaking of Isaiah, I read Lamentations once. Isaiah and Lamentations are inseperable in my mind. And that's fourTEEN books, Aslan, so just take the "teen" off and you'll have arrived at the right number. Not that I'm complaining about lists of books, oh no not me.

Mosey said...

yay, Anime! lol, Elai, you are funny! that is a great booklist, Aslan!


I love Japan! do you like it there? I have a friend who moved there, and two friends who used to live there. they are all wonderful people!

Aslan said...

Peach: Hahaha, yeah. Sie haben Alles vergessen? Nein, das ist nicht moeglich! Lol. ;) Yup! Someday, I hope to speak Nihongo fluently! :D Domo arigatô gozaimasu! I am honored. ^_^

Jâ ato de!


Elai: Lol, it might be a while before I have the time to post again! :P!
You're welcome! :D The book of Isaiah is *so* awesome! I've read part of the book of Lamentations; it's kinda sad. Gee, maybe that's why they call it "Lamentations". Hahaha, :P! I didn't think anyone would mind if I posted a few extra books. ;)

Mosey: Thanks! I'm glad you like my list! :) I liked it when I lived in Japan (what little I can remember, lol), but I'm living in the US right now. Sounds like your friends might be in the military, like my dad was. :)

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

:) I like the "four" books. Pretty funny! I am like that too. Great verse. I really needed that-it's a perfect time.

Aslan said...

:D Yeah, books are awesome! Well, the good ones anyway. :) I'm glad that verse helped! It helps me to remember it too...

Janelle said...

hey aslan, how are you? hehe man i could watch all of the star wars movies millions of times over...and LOTR. i think star wars 3 is my favourite though...but they're all good :D hehe shrimp...eww that stuff grosses me out :P yea what is Schwarzwaldkuchen? sounds...interesting? lol well i had better go cheers

Trufflehunter said...

oh I LOVE those verses. cool lists!! except you didn't put Narnia on the movie list, tsk tsk. :D

I tag you! go to my blog to find out more! :D

mustang said...

Err, I don't really know what you guys are talking about, i would just like you to know that i am still alive n breathing.
I promise to post a whole lot more!

Aslan said...

Blondie: Yeah, I hope I can go back to Japan someday! :) Schwarzwaldkuchen is a German dessert. Translated, it means Black Forest cake. Yum! It’s got chocalate, and cherries, whipped cream, and cherry juice in it, among other tasty ingredients. It has three parts: the pastry, the filling, and the topping (dark chocolate)! It is amazing!!! :D

Janelle: I’m doing OK. Swamped, but OK. Thanks for asking! I hope you are doing well too. Star Wars ROCKS! :D You liked the last one best? I like it a lot too, but it’s sad to see Anakin go over to the dark side. You don’t like shrimp? Lol. Is it just shrimp, or all the creepy-crawly seafood? I love all seafood, except for Japanese Umi. Which I think is totally nasty! :P! But I like all the other Japanese seafood that I’ve tried. Check out my comment to Blondie for the description of scrumptious Schwarzwaldkuchen! See ya!

Aslan said...

Truffle: The Bible is so awesome. I wish I could memorize the whole thing! :D The LWW movie, at times, unnecessarily departed from the book, adding some elements of worldly culture, so I was disappointed with that (and didn’t put it on my list). But looking at the other parts of the movie, there is so much to love there. So overall, I did like the movie as a whole. :) You are tagging me too? Another tag! Lol.

Obi-Wan: Yup, people sure like to tag me. Hahaha. Star Wars and LOTR. :D! Your favorite is the third Star Wars too, huh? Me likes the fourth one best (A New Hope). Yeah, Schwarzwaldkuchen is German food! Take a look at my comment to Blondie, if you will, to get an idea of what it is!

Aslan said...

Hiya Mustang! Glad you're still alive and kicking in the blogosphere. I look forward to reading your posts! :)

Mosey said...

lol, Aslan, you seem to get tagged a lot. people must like tagging you. lol.


Mosey

Aslan said...

Hee hee. Yeah, I should put a sign on my blog that says, "Tag Me!" :)

Anonymous said...

lol whats Schwarzwaldkuchen
????????

Aslan said...

Hey Rob!

Schwarzwaldkuchen is a German dessert. Translated, it means Black Forest cake. It’s got chocalate, and cherries, whipped cream, and cherry juice in it, among other tasty ingredients. It has three parts: the pastry, the filling, and the topping is dark chocolate chunks! An absolutely amazing cake to be sure! :D


Hi Blondie!

Hahaha! Yeah, Schwarzwaldkuchen has the same effect on me! ;)

Aslan said...

Hey folks,
I just wanted to let y'all know I'm still here; I'm just extremely busy. :P! I'll post again as soon as I can!

Truffle: I haven't forgotten about your tag! I'm putting it in the next post. ;)

Peach said...

Hi!
Genki desu ka? How are you doing?

I read your German.
I means...did you forget everything? It's impossible!
Am I right?

I can see your parsonality from
your "four things".
It's interesting, isn't it?

Matane :D!
See you!
~Peach

Aslan said...

Konban wa, Peach! :D

O kage sama de!
O genki desu ka?

Ja, genau. Sie haben rechts!

Thanks, I hope I have an interesting personality. Hahaha! ;)

But, yeah, it's also interesting that you can catch a glimpse of someone's personality from the four things tag!

Jâ ato de! :)

Apeliotes said...

'Schwarzwaldkuchen is a German dessert. Translated, it means Black Forest cake'

It's quite popular in the UK, and is known as Black Forest Gateau here.