Monday, July 31, 2006

A Table in the Presence

I have finished reading The Hobbit. And yes, it did contain more timely parallels with my own life. Amazing. God must have had me read that book at this time in my life for some reason. I sure have benefitted from it! To celebrate, my blog is now playing a sample of Hobbit music! ^_^


Psalms 23:1-6 1 A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.


Now I am reading another book: A Table in the Presence by chaplain Carey Cash. According to the summary on bamm.com, it is "The Dramatic Account of How A U.S. Marine Battalion Experienced God's Presence Amidst the Chaos of the War in Iraq". It should be an awesome book to read. There are accounts of soldiers who should have been killed by rocket-propelled grenades (RPG's) who saw them swerve away from them at the last second, or watched them crash through the windshield of their Humvee and explode outward only, but not into the passenger compartment, as if the explosion had been shielded somehow, and occurrences like bullet holes in the front and back of a helmet, but the soldier had no head-wound whatsoever! Miraculous protection indeed! I can think of only one being who could be the source of that kind of protection! (God, of course)! :D

I hope to add more to this post later. So busy! :P!

17 comments:

Aslan said...

Hey, Eowyn! :)

Yeah, the Psalms are totally awesome! I should try to memorize some of them.

I've been so busy lately that I'm blessed to even get one post done in a month. When it comes to the end of a month, I'm like, "Oh man, it's been a month, and I haven't even posted!" Then I take time out to post again so I don't drop below the one post per month level! Heehee. ;)

Cool! A must read. I still need to stop by your blog too...

Erin said...

Thanks for the music help! I will have to try it out sometime soon. :)

Aslan said...

You're welcome! :)

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I love Tolkien's books. I really should read them again! It has been a while.

Aslan said...

Hey, Danika!

Yeah, Tolkien's books are awesome! I know someone who reads the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit every year! :D
Thanks for stopping by. :)



Thank you Muffy! :)

Aslan said...

Hey, Eowyn! Thanks. :)

Yeah, LOTR music ROCKS!

Oh, well, here's a comment I left for Erin on how to get music:

I just copy and paste an "embed" line into my blog template. Somewhere after the title line is a good place. Here's what mine looks like (it should be all one line):

(embed src="http://arwen-undomiel.com/music/ItWremix.asx"width="200"height="42" autostart="true" autoplay="true" loop="true" volume="800%" name="Into the West")(/embed)

There is one change to the above embed line: everywhere you see a ( change it to a less than sign [there is a comma on that same key]. There are two of these to change. Everywhere you see a ) you must change it to a greater than sign [that key has a period on it]. And there are two of these to change.

Enjoy!

Aslan said...

Eowyn,

Also, you will probably want to change the song from time to time. To do that, just change the internet address (in the embed line). And that's it!

To find the address of a song you like, hover your mouse over a music link (mp3, etc.) on a website. It will say what the address is -- jot that down and replace the old song web address with the new song web address (in your embed line).

Save your template changes, and the next time you go to your blog, it will be playing a new song! :D

If you're not sure about something, just let me know! :)

Erin said...

Thanks again for telling me how to get music! I tried it and it worked great.

Aslan said...

You're welcome! :)

Aslan said...

Anytime. :)

Great! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Aslan said...

OK. If you'd like, give this embed line a try. It's an mp3 file; there shouldn't be any "surprises".

Copy and paste this as all one line in the template:

(embed src="http://www.soundtrack.net/media/features/exclusive/lotr/02.mp3"width="200"height="42" autostart="true" autoplay="true" loop="true" volume="800%" name="Concerning Hobbits")(/embed)

Change the two left parentheses to "less than" signs and the two right parentheses to "greater than" signs. Now save the template and republish your entire blog. This should work! :D

Other people who stop by your blog will probably hear the music, but if you don't, that might mean that your computer needs an update.

Why don't you try this. And even if you don't hear anything, still leave the embed line in your template, and I'll come by your blog tomorrow night and see if I hear anything! :)

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

It has been a while since I checked out your blog. I thought about you the other day and was glad to hear from you. Hope all is well!

Aslan said...

Thanks, Danika. :)

Things are challenging, but yeah, they are well! Nice to "see" you again!

Carmelita Spats said...

Holy, lots of comments....is it just me or is this the same post i read like, seaven months ago :)!
anyways you need to post! k? ttfn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aslan said...

Hey, Zaya! Oh, this post has only been here for 24 days, lol. ;)

I definitely plan on posting real soon though! :D

Thanks for coming by! See ya! :)

Aslan said...

Hahaha. That's probably when I'll post this time, but I'm thinking of posting at least once every two weeks or so in the future. I think I can mangage it. :)

Aslan said...

Cool, I'll come by and check it out! Yeah, sometimes Blogger is a pain, lol. Dinosaurs, neat!