Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Call to Persevere and to Walk by Faith

Here is a quote from Charles Stanley: “Our intimacy with God -- His highest priority for our lives -- determines the impact of our lives.” It is so true.

Some of the folks I work for are mean, nasty, and hard-hearted (stone I think) people who like to live their lives in an ungodly fashion. That’s often what you get when you study and work at a secular university -- lots of worldly, evil treatment and politics. I am only here because God wanted me here.

I have decided that I will no longer be afraid to work with and interact with them, no matter how awful they behave toward me. These people could use a good spanking. Lol. Anyway, how can God use me and do everything he wants to through me if I shrink back and keep to myself. If I avoid them and my work, how can God use the experience to change me and make me more like Jesus?

Luke 8:16:

"No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light."

Luke 11:33:

"No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light."


I need to get closer to God and depend on Him more. I’ve noticed that when I pray often and am ever mindful of His presence and walk in faith, trusting Him while I work, my impact is much greater, and I grow in the Lord. I want to live my life fully and vigorously for Him. So I must not avoid the challenges, but draw courage and strength from Him, fight the good fight, and run the race in such a way as to win it! For He is with me, and by His power, I will accomplish what He desires! :D Praise God!

13 comments:

Blondy said...

I will be praying for you in your troubles. That is a very inspirational post. Many people, including myself, could learn a lot from that. :D

Aslan said...

Thanks, Blondy! :)

Blondy said...

Your quite welcome. :)

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I am writing the Stanley quote down. Thanks!

Aslan said...

Hey, Danika.
You're welcome! :)

eowyn said...

i agree with blondy. very inspirational.
i'll pray for you and those nasty people who need a spanking. lol.

Aslan said...

Thanks, Eowyn! :D

Blondy said...

Hey aslan,
I hope you get a day off soon. Sounds like you've been busy busy busy. *_*
Have a great week.

Aslan said...

Hi, Blondie! :)

Thanks. Yeah, way too busy, :P! I didn't intend to, but I almost took the whole day off today! I really needed the rest and rejuvenation...
I could use more, but must get back to work, lol. Thanks again!

eowyn said...

well, good for you. i know how you feel. i definitely needed (well, needed is a strong word...lol) the march break off. it was very refreshing to not do anything for one whole week. actually almost two for me.

Aslan said...

Wow, two weeks off. That's awesome! :)

Peach said...

Konnichiwa Aslan:)
It seems that you've been so busy.
I hope your day-off made you feel refleshed.

~Peach

Aslan said...

Konbonwa, Peach! :)

It is very good to hear from you! It did help. Thanks!

I hope you are doing well. I like your polar bear. It is adorable. ^_^

Matane!