Monday, August 20, 2007

Waaaaaa!

I'd like to study Tae Kwon Do in the future, and I know that Chuck Norris is a Christian. Several blackbelts who have studied under him have opened schools. I must search for one of these in the area where I find employment.

Karate Dude
(Image from http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie)

I have always admired and enjoyed the martial arts. :D

Judges 6:11-24
11 The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. 12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, "The Lord is with you, mighty warrior." 13 "But sir," Gideon replied, "if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our fathers told us about when they said, 'Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?' But now the Lord has abandoned us and put us into the hand of Midian." 14 The Lord turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand. Am I not sending you?" 15 "But Lord," Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." 16 The Lord answered, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together."

8 comments:

Elaienar said...

Ooh, Tae Kwon Do. Xhavan and Mosey and me ... or I ... are making ambitious plans about teaching ourselves various martial arts. Tai Chi is the one I can remember right now.

I bet you'll have lots of fun!

Aslan said...

Someone who cut my hair once told me that "Tae Kwon Do is just exercise. Kung Fu is real martial art." She was Chinese, of course she would say that, lol.

Tai Chi should be fun. It's also Chinese I think. Good luck with the martial arts! I'll bet your dad already knows some forms of the martial arts from his training. ;)

I'm sure I will; I can't wait! :)

Elaienar said...

Eheh, well note that I said "plans" ... remember that joke about the frogs? Hopefully we'll actually get to do some (Xhavan got a book on martial arts from the library and we learned a few things already - self-defense stuff) but I wouldn't count on it, really.

I'm afraid I have no idea who the neat guy is. ;_; He IS really neat though. Maybe he coems from a video game? A fan-drawing of a character? Isn't there a video game called "Street Fighters" or something like that?

Aslan said...

Oh, well I hope you enjoy what you can do! :)

I think you're right. It's gotta be from some kind of street fighter game. Good eye! ^_^ (The writing in the background says things like "stree", "III", "fighter game"). Hahaha. I wasn't sure what it could be alluding to when I first looked at the words, :P!
Lol. :D

Elaienar said...

XD Yeah, right.

Let's see. Words that I can see or guess at are (in order of appearance) street, III, third, strike, fact, an, excel (excellent?) fighter, game, (produced?) new, and, features, excellent, new, who, broke, (traditional?), design, rival, mark, guilty, was, street, is, indeed, (great? green?), and fighter.

... Doesn't seem to make much sense. Maybe if you googled everything?

Aslan said...

Lol. I did some googling, and from what I found, this guy might be an anime drawing of the character Ryu from the Street Fighter video game series.

I should post again soon; hopefully this weekend! ^_^

Erin said...

I'd love to take karate or Tae Kwon Do someday. :)

Aslan said...

Hi, Erin :)

Maybe someday soon you'll get the chance! I must blog again this weekend. An August post simply will not do in November, :P