Saturday, June 30, 2007

God's Correction and Mercy

Jeremiah Chapter 32
39 … I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them. 40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. 42 "For thus says the Lord: 'Just as I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them.

Isaiah Chapter 1
8
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; 20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Jeremiah Chapter 29
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Isaiah Chapter 14
1
For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will still choose Israel

3 comments:

Trufflehunter said...

looking forward to the post, then, even if it's a wee bit late! ;)

Trufflehunter said...

wow, awesome... great verses.

Aslan said...

Thanks, Truffle! :)

I shall try to post more this weekend.